Also at the December meeting, AREA President and CEO Fred Braswell asked members to send nominations for awards to be presented at April’s annual meeting. Nominations are due Dec. 31, and will presented to the executive committee and then reviewed by the full board. Does someone at your co-op or an area legislator deserve a nomination?
* Legislator of the Year, to honor Alabama legislators for their contributions to the rural electric program.
* The Eminent Service Award, which honors outstanding contributions to the program. Only individuals of the highest caliber and with qualifications of great achievement contributing to the rural electric program will be chosen.
* The Bill Nichols Award for Rural Electrification, which pays tribute to those who have made outstanding contributions to the rural electric program in the fields of technology, service, politics, education or professional service.
* Jack Jenkins Cooperative Employee Citizenship Award, which honors a current co-op employee who has made an outstanding contribution to his or her co-op, community and/or state.
* Pathfinder Award, given to a person whose life has had a profound and lasting effect on the foundations of the rural electrification program in Alabama or the nation.
* The AREA Chairman’s Award is presented for extraordinary service on behalf of the electric cooperatives of Alabama, and is given at the discretion of the board.
Nominations should be sent to Dana Eunice at email@example.com.